Wednesday, February 7, 2018

LEGO Technic Build (Contraptions) - Page 196, Build #99

Clarification - Yoshihito Isogawa has multiple books and the books I'm using in the LEGO Technic Builds are: 
  • The LEGO Power Functions Idea Book, Machines and Mechanisms
  • The LEGO Power Functions Idea Book, Cars and Contraptions
Today, I'm going to build a two-legged walker from the Cars and Contraptions book.

This one was the first in the series, and I thought it would be relatively easy, but I made a simple mistake, and it took me a long time to rework everything to make it work. So, good luck!




This is what I'm building today.



Parts I'm going to use today. I had to find replacements for certain parts because I didn't have them or enough of them. As long as they function alike, it's fine.



Building the legs1.


Building the legs2.


The drive mechanism.


Following are the pictures of the drive mechanism. I tried to give you some various viewpoints.








Legs attached.


I thought I could build this in a short time, but I got a couple of parts mixed up, and it took a little longer to complete. 

I think it'll be really neat to attach a Mindstorm to it, so if I get that figured out, I'll post that, too.

Have a great day!













No comments:

Post a Comment