Monday, February 26, 2018

Car Engine Cam (Mechanisms) - Page 146, Build #186

My goal is to engage elementary school children to be curious about the world around them, and I think this simple cam & follower car engine is a great example. 

This is the one I wanted to build for over a month, but I didn't have the parts. When I ordered the cam parts (LEGO apparently calls the part comb wheels, and I don't get the connection), it took THREE weeks to get to northern California.

This is what I'm building today.


Parts I'm going to use today:













 
The hardest part of building this cam was to put this long piece with a flat end (right hand side) through the red technic piece (left hand side)  AFTER assembled the legs already.












I really enjoyed making this, and it's really fun to watch. 

I hope you make one today. Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment