Thursday, April 12, 2018

MIT's Scratch

My daughter and I were introduced to MIT's Scratch through Help Your Kids with Computer Coding by DK Books. These DK Books were sold at Costco a while back, and I thought it'd be a good way to get our feet wet.



As you can see, it's very kid friendly. 

There are loads of information on Scratch and how to use it 
- for educators and for parents.







Here are some starter projects on the website, but the book also does a great job getting things started.


I'm an engineer who likes working with physical, moving parts, and coding has never been my strong suit. But I think it's important to expose our kids to all kinds of STEM and arts.

I'm not sure if this book is still available at Costco, but if you come across it, buy it. It's a great deal for ~$12 (I think that's what I paid several years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment