Friday, May 13, 2016

Awesome Books - Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku



I love this book because it helps me believe in one of my biggest passions – space travel. After I had taken a class in Astronomy in junior high school, I wanted to be an astronaut. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be because I suffer from motion sickness.

I am curious by nature. I want to know about everything, albeit salt or germs or black holes or dark matter. And this book answers my questions in spades. Whether it’s about force fields or invisibility or perpetual-motion machine or precognition, this book answers all. The best thing about it is that the answers are anchored in science, and Michio Kaku gives his best guess time frame for them to become a reality.

As for accessibility and easy to digest part, I recommended this book to a ten-year-old who was very interested in Science, and not only did he finish it, but he said it was interesting. He did have trouble understanding parts of it, and his parents tried to help him understand those parts.

This book helps me believe the possibility in things that are deemed impossible. Michio Kaku does frame some of them in very, very long time (might as well be impossible), but he gives us a realistic time frame. That’s the point I appreciate.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in a long list of topics that seem to skirt the science fiction side of science (phasers and death stars, teleportation, telepathy, psychokinesis, robots, ETs and UFOs, starships, anti-matter and anti-universe, faster than light, time travel, and parallel universe, etc.). I’m not sure I’d recommend it to another ten-year-old, but you’d know if that child is ready for this or not, so I’ll leave that to you.

PS - the ten-year-old read it again (he's no longer a ten-year-old), he said he'd recommend to 8th grade and up students.

I do have this book listed on my Books I love blog with a slightly different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment